reflecting on rejection

Times I have experienced rejection: (using Kolb's reflective cycle)


  • Not getting in to colleges when I auditioned at 18

Reflecting on this:

Concrete experience:

  • Starting auditioning at 17 to various colleges which had different audition requirements 
  • Being from a small town from North Wales I was prepared for my audition but unaware of what to expect, so my first couple of auditions were a shock 
  • Travelling long distances to the audition and have to stay over night in a hotel before hand. Feel pressure and nerves for the outcome of the audition 

Reflective observation:

  • What worked? I was well prepared for my latter auditions (i knew all my material and knew what to expect, had gotten into the routine of auditions)
  • What failed? I let my nerves and pressure get the better of me at some points meaning I was not able to eat before the audition (not preparing my body correctly), my first couple of auditions I had underestimated the pressure and difficulty of the audition (meaning I felt tired, I rushed my prepared monologues and I sang off key)

Abstract conceptualisation:

  • Improve? Be better prepared (make sure I research and understand the college and also the audition requirements), relax into the day (don't feel pressure as much) 

Conclusion:

  • As I was unknowingly underprepared at the start of my audition process I was unsuccessful in my first few auditions. After this I understood the process better and was able to successfully audition. I like to keep a positive mind set and say that the audit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using your platform for good

HOW TO START